What Personal Information Does JeweledBoxes.com Collect?
Our web store gathers information from customers and visitors to improve the shopping experience at JeweledBoxes.com. This information generally falls into one of these categories:
- Automatic Information: Our server receives and stores certain information whenever you visit our web site, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your browser type and version.
- Information That You Provide: You provide us with information when you search for products, purchase goods, communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form, compile Wish Lists, use our Tell-a-Friend feature, or otherwise interact with our site. In some cases, your decision not to provide certain information might prevent you from fully using certain features of our site.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to your account information, such search terms used to bring you to our site.
Does Gift Impact Share the Information It Receives?
Gift Impact shares customer information only in these limited circumstances:
- Third-Party Service Providers: Gift Impact uses other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as preparing and delivering orders, sending e-mail and physical mail, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Access to personal information is granted solely for the limited purpose of performing such functions and not for any other purpose.
- Your Protection and the Protection of Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use or protect the rights, property, or safety of Gift Impact, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This, does NOT include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in any way not disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- Business Transfers: When ownership of a business changes, customer information generally transfers but the information remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice unless the customer consents otherwise. If the ownership of Gift Impact changes, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
As Gift Impact recognizes the importance of securing the information that you provide, we operate as follows:
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using third party payment processing system by PalPal and Google Checkout. It is extremely secure, provides you with fraud protection, and protects your privacy by not disclosing your credit card information to the seller.
- We do not store your credit card number in your account profile and it is not subsequently displayed with order information. We otherwise retain your credit card number on our server for only as long as necessary to transmit the credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for orderly order processing.
- Order information can only be viewed after logging into your account using your store password. Protect your password and your computer against unauthorized access and sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party websites.
What Information Can I Access and How?
Gift Impact gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with Gift Impact for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This includes up-to-date order information and personally information such as name, e-mail, password, addresses, Wish Lists, and account preferences. Some preferences were set during the account creation process. You can review and change them here: Modify Personal Information.
Are Children Allowed to Use JeweledBoxes.com?
Our web store does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults with potential uses by children. If you are under 18, you may use JeweledBoxes.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Yes. When you use our site we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate your use of our site. A cookie is a small data text file stored on your computer's hard drive by a web site (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to that site. The cookies make your use of the site easier and help us to maintain a secure site. You will be unable to shop on our site without your browser set to accept cookies.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
When you choose to visit JeweledBoxes.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Pennsylvania. If you have any concern about privacy at JeweledBoxes.com, please contact us with a thorough description of your concern, and we will work to resolve it.
Our Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use are subject to change. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.